Job posting: Audience Engagement Manager
Reasons to be Cheerful is seeking a part-time, New York-based Audience Engagement Manager to helm our social media channels and expand audience numbers and engagement starting in February, 2022.
This person will work closely with the RTBC team and be responsible for audience engagement strategy and execution. They will:
- Work alongside the editorial team to develop an overarching social media strategy aimed at reaching agreed-upon goals in the areas of readership growth, social media following growth, engagement growth and brand development.
- Execute social media strategy for RTBC, including regular posting, audience development and asset creation (ex. images, banners, etc) on sites including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Participate in bi-weekly editorial meetings about upcoming RTBC site content with an eye for developing accompanying social media content, campaigns, and special social media features.
- Write weekly RTBC newsletters, highlighting new stories, social media and live events and other RTBC news.
- Conduct regular scans of online and other media, creating weekly “round up” of solutions-oriented stories relevant to RTBC that we might feature on the site in small posts
- Assist in image sourcing and permissions and graphic development for stories appearing on the RTBC site and channels
- Additional social media, editorial and administrative tasks, as needed.
- Demonstrated aptitude and passion for journalism, particularly solutions-oriented journalism
- A firm grasp of journalistic practices, standards and ethics
- Enthusiasm for constantly developing new, creative and thoughtful content ideas and audience development strategies
- Exacting attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines
- Experience translating journalistic content onto social media, and an ability to balance enticing, exciting content development with journalistic standards
- Experience working with social media and content management systems
- Comfort and experience with basic photo and video editing. Graphic design skills strongly desired.
- Ability to set reasonable and achievable goals and targets
- Enthusiasm for working with a small, tight-knit, dedicated team
- Ability to work primarily from the RTBC office (Soho, NYC — Covid-19 protocols permitting), with off-site work as needed, and also attend occasional RTBC in-person events and meetings on additional days, as needed.
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States
Terms: Part-time, contract. 24 hours/week
Email cover letter and resume and a minimum of three work samples to [email protected] with the subject line “Audience Engagement Manager Application”